10 Aug Timber Poultry Houses: Catering to Happy Flocks with Blackdown Buildings
At Blackdown Buildings, as a leading south west timber buildings supplier, we understand the importance of providing comfortable and safe spaces for your feathered friends. Whether you’re a dedicated poultry keeper or a smallholder with a passion for raising birds, our range of timber poultry houses offers the perfect solution for housing your flock. In this blog post, we’ll explore what wooden poultry houses are, who uses them, the types available from Blackdown Buildings, and the exceptional features and benefits that make our poultry houses stand out.
Understanding Timber Poultry Houses
Timber poultry houses are purpose-built structures designed to provide shelter, security, and optimal living conditions for various poultry species. These houses are a cornerstone for poultry enthusiasts, smallholders, and farmers who value the well-being of their birds. At Blackdown Buildings, we’ve crafted a selection of timber poultry houses that cater to different bird sizes and needs, ensuring that your feathered companions have a safe and comfortable home.
Our Range of Poultry Houses
At Blackdown Buildings, we offer a variety of poultry house options to suit your requirements:
- Timber Broody Coop / Run. Perfect for smaller flocks or individual broody hens, this compact coop and run combo provides a secure space for your birds to roam.
- Timber Duck Ark. Designed specifically for ducks, this poultry house offers ample room for your feathered friends to move around comfortably.
- Timber Poultry Ark. With generous dimensions, this poultry house is suitable for larger flocks and offers optimal living conditions.
- A Timber Raised Ark. Elevate your poultry house to protect your birds from damp ground and predators.
- The Rosecomb Poultry House. This spacious house can accommodate up to 50 birds and includes eight nest boxes for convenient egg collection.
- The Seabright Poultry House (12 Birds). Compact yet functional, this house is perfect for smaller flocks and features three nest boxes.
- The Seabright Poultry House (25 Birds). Ideal for medium-sized flocks, this house includes four nest boxes and ample space for your birds to thrive.
Features and Benefits Of Our Timber Poultry Houses
Our poultry houses are thoughtfully designed and constructed to ensure the utmost comfort and safety for your feathered friends. Here are some notable features and benefits:
- Pressure Treated Timber. All our poultry houses are crafted from pressure-treated timber, providing long-lasting protection against decay and rot. This ensures durability, even in challenging outdoor conditions.
- Galvanised Fixings and Wire Mesh. We prioritise the safety of your birds. That’s why our poultry houses feature galvanised fixings and wire mesh, preventing unwanted intruders from entering while allowing proper ventilation.
- Strong and Sturdy Construction. Our poultry houses are built to withstand the test of time. The strong and sturdy construction ensures that your birds have a secure and reliable shelter.
- Nailed Frame and Screwed Construction. We take pride in our meticulous construction methods. Each frame is nailed and screwed, not stapled, ensuring structural integrity and longevity.
- Ready Assembled. All our poultry houses are supplied fully assembled, saving you time and effort. Simply place the house in your chosen location, and your birds can move in immediately.
Find The Ideal Timber Ppultry House At Blackdown Buildings
Whether you’re a poultry enthusiast with a backyard flock or a smallholder looking to house larger numbers of birds, Blackdown Buildings has the perfect timber poultry house for you. Our range of thoughtfully designed and meticulously constructed poultry houses ensures that your birds will enjoy a safe, comfortable, and happy home. With features like pressure-treated timber, galvanised fixings, and sturdy construction, our poultry houses stand as a testament to our commitment to quality and excellence. Choose Blackdown Buildings for poultry houses that prioritize the well-being of your feathered companions.